Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Appointment

First of...I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dr. He is very proactive...and very knowledgable, and very informative.

My Dr. is 90% sure I have PCOS...Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

I am not 100% sure I remember exactly what he said about it, so I am going to do a lot more reading up on it...to remind myself of what he said. I do know that it has to do with my insulin. I produce too much insulin...and this in turn causes the ovaries to produce higher levels of androgens. (male hormones) We all have some male hormones, I just have more. This in turn has caused my very irragular periods, and ovulations.

He has prescribed me two different meds. Metformin, to try to regulate my insulin. I have started taked a half a tablet twice daily with food. Next week I will increase it to half a tablet three times daily with food. Then after that I increase it to the actual dosage which is three full tablets three times daily.

I also have been prescribed Femara. The more comman medication of this type is Clomid. It is to help me ovulate, and ovulate properly.

So the plan for now is...take the Metformin till I start a new cycle (if I start a new cycle...I'm not counting myself out this cycle yet...there should still be an O at some point, and I will do my best to catch that eggie) Then CD 1 next cycle, I'm to call the clinic, and try to schedule an HSG. A Hysterosalpingogram, which is an xray test that examines the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and surrounding area. He said that it might take a couple of cycles before I get in for this test, since there is a line up for it. On CD 2 I then have to go and get a bunch of blood drawn so they can take a bunch of tests and see how all my levels are. On CD 3 - 7 I take the Femara, I should ovulate 5-10 days after that. On CD 22 I go for another test to test my Progesterone. If all goes well, my Progesterone results will be good, and I ovulated, and could possibly be pregnant. :) I know the chances of it happening that fast is slim, but this definately give me hope.

I have a lot of hope that I will get a big fat positive in 2009, and have a baby in 2010. I am very excited for what the next cycles have to bring, and I continue to pray that this will be all that I need to fix the problems that I have. I will definately keep you all updated!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment