Thursday, May 28, 2009

When they just don't know...:(

It was my friends birthday today. 25th...(I have such young friends) lol She is PG, so didn't want to do anything huge. We went to Red Lobster for supper (by the way...SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy) and then went to Tavern United. I didn't drink anything, and we were have a converstaion about getting pregnant. We were all talking about ways to get pregnant...one other friend of ours was there and my friend and I were both talking to her about stuff to do and stuff..and I know she didn't mean it mean or nasty, but it stung. Like a thousand little daggers digging deep into my heart...I even teared up a bit...but suppressed the quickly (I'm such a suck) She said...well you haven't been able to get pregnant yet, I think I'll listen to the one that has gotten pregnant twice. :( She is not a mean person. I knew she didn't mean it that way, but man...did it hurt. I just wanted to scream at her...IT'S NOT MY FAULT!! But I didn't. Having fertility problems is not something you want to yell from the rooftops. It's so hard when they don't know. It definately makes me think twice before saying things like that to people...because I know just how tough it can be. :(

But what do you say to these people...how do you deal with them...how do you stop it from making you feel like you are such a failure at something that is supposedly supposed to be so easy??? It makes me want this to be it even more...but I'm just not feeling it...except for the high temps...I have nothing to go on. Unless hot flashes are suddenly a prego symptom!! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I should mention that my friend who is pregnant (she is my best friend, and so she knows the difficulties we are having) stated to my other friend that she had confidence we would be pregnant in the next few months...from her lips to God's ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care if someone knows if you have fertility issues or not, that was a rude thing to say. Even if you didn't have any diagnosed issue, if someone knows you've been trying and haven't gotten there yet, a comment like that is very hurtful. Sorry you had to hear that right now. :(

    ReplyDelete