Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CD 6

I'm clearly feeling pains...right around where my O pains would be...weird...I don't think it's O pains...I don't see how that is possible...to O on CD 6 after not Oing till CD 50 whatever!!! UGH...

Either way...DH and I are BDing every second day...we have already started...(sorry TMI)

On another note...my dad is a hero...(sorry to all of the animal lovers)

If you are an animal lover...please be warned...you may not want to read beyond this point...there was no other way to deal with the situation, and I feel my dad did the best thing he could do.

I got an e-mail from my mom this morning...My neighbor (who is in her late 70's) and lives alone with her husband (that is even older, and fairly crippled up) was attacked by two pit bull dogs. She was taken to hospital and thankfully only required a few stitches in her face, and also had some cuts that didn't require stitches...My dad heard the noise from the shop (he is a mechanic, and his machanic shop is located on the land next to my parents house) He saw what was happening ran into the house to get my mom to call 911, and grabbed his gun. (They live in a small town, and my dad likes to deer hung, again sorry for the animal lovers, I am also an animal lover, but do enjoy eating deer meat as well, it was a large part of our winter meals, when times were tough) He got the dogs away from my neighbor, in the mean time, mom started calling families in the area with small children urgeing them NOT to let their kids leave for school, till the situation was under control. Being as we are in a small town (and my dad is the animal control officer) because the dogs were attacking humans, he had no choice but to stop the dogs with force. :( My dad was scheduled to be out of town on a service call, but had not left yet...and I think God that he was. The neighbor on the other side of their neighbor is also a single woman, in her late 70's. (again it is a small town where most of the people are older.) The police arrived 45 minutes later (another down side to living in small town Manitoba)

I found out after the fact that this is not the first time these dogs have attacked...last year, they attacked and killed a black lab that happened to wander into their yard.

The police shook my dad's had, as well as many others from the community. I am not usually one to encourage the killing of "pets" but these dogs were clearly dangerous.

My neighbor is doing ok...her husband and her are both fairly traumatised. (Her husband could hear her yelling for him to help her, but couldn't get to the door, and even if he could, there was really nothing he woudl be able to do.) Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that is so sad what happened to that old lady :( I think your dad did what he had to, especially since the dogs had attacked before. I hope she gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete